Vacancy: Plant or Mechanical Fitter – December 2022
Travel throughout the UK and overnight stays required
Company van provided
Are you a Plant or Mechanical Fitter, ideally with experience of concrete production equipment or transferable knowledge and skills? Do you want to be treated as an individual, whose contribution to the growth of our business is welcomed and valued?
ConSpare is a well-established, family-owned company, a market leader in our sector. We sell high-performance components and equipment to customers in the concrete industry. We also provide servicing and share our unrivalled expertise in concrete production processes, applying our Make it better approach to help our customers achieve improved productivity, safety and product quality. This has been a record-breaking year for us, but we won’t be resting on our laurels; we’re ambitious, progressive and continuing to grow.
We now have a vacancy for a Plant or Mechanical Fitter, reporting to the General Manager of our Capital Projects department. This is a varied role which involves carrying out visits to customer sites across the UK to assess potential and/or carry out installation and commissioning for the department’s range of equipment and provide servicing and breakdown support. The role involves working in all areas of the UK and regular overnight stays away from home will be required.
Take a look at the key skills and qualities we’re looking for and if we’re describing you, we’d love to hear from you!
• Carry out pre-installation site surveys. Install, commission and service equipment including concrete mixers, mixer cleaning systems, dust extraction units, screw conveyors and pallet cleaners.
• Provide technical and breakdown support.
• Work with the General Manager and team to promote sales of equipment.
• Work closely with the Project Engineer to gain new customers and ensure existing customers are committed to regular servicing for mixers and mixer cleaning systems.
• Handle information relating to new and existing enquiries professionally, passing it on to the Project Engineer for progression.
• Build on relationships with customers to develop sales of equipment, servicing and spare parts from a variety of product ranges.
• Provide data for case studies, social media updates and internal training as required.
• Acquire technical information to help other departments in their conversations with customers.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience as a Plant or Mechanical Fitter, preferably installing and servicing equipment in concrete batching plants.
• Good understanding of batching plant processes and procedures.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience of hot works, eg welding and grinding.
• Physically fit.
• Full UK driving licence, no more than 3 points.
• Willing to work varied hours, stay away from home regularly and work some weekends.
• Self-motivated; able to work on own initiative.
• Customer-focused. Good communicator who builds strong working relationships.
• Knowledge of and diligent about following site-relevant Health and Safety legislation.
We offer a detailed induction programme and full job-related training over an extended period will be given.
Friendly, supportive team.
8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
23 days’ holiday plus public holidays.
If you have the required skills and qualities we’re looking for in our new Plant or Mechanical Fitter, please apply now.